The mission of Facilities Management is to support student success through responsible stewardship of the college’s natural and built environment.
Repair and Maintenance Services
Facilities receives a budget allocation and these services are rendered without charge. Some examples of these services include:
- Building Maintenance and Operations
- Housekeeping for Educational and General facilities (classrooms, common areas, etc.)
- Grounds Maintenance
- Energy Management
- Infrastructure Support
- Vehicle and Equipment Maintenance
Facilities does not receive a budget allocation for these services and they must be funded by the requesting department. Some examples of Premium Services include:
- Event Support
- Moves and Deliveries
- Engineering, Construction, and Project Management Services
- Special Requests (building bookshelves, hanging white boards, etc.)
- Auxiliary Unit requests (Campus Services, Athletics, Housing, etc.)
Carl Carpenter came to Berea College in 1953 when he was 27 years old to begin a temporary job that paid 90 cents an hour. He works in Facilities Management and has for over six decades—spending 18 of those years as its director.
Derrick Singleton, Vice President for Operations and Sustainability, shares how Carpenter has positively affected the lives of countless people with his kindness and service to the community. “Carl represents the humbler, finer aspects of all Bereans,” said Singleton.