Any modification, alteration, or addition to the physical structure of a Berea College owned or leased facility, regardless of the funding source, must be approved by Facilities Management. Below you will find major and minor project examples and instructions for your renovation or new construction project.
Major Project Examples
- Additions to buildings
- New construction
- Major building/system repairs
- Renovations (classroom, office, lecture halls, laboratories, public use areas)
- Building exterior
Minor Project Examples
- Add or relocate electrical/data outlets
- Install whiteboard
- Minor renovations
- Paint walls out of normal cycle
- Replace carpets out of normal cycle
- Flooring repairs
Before Proceeding with a Renovation or New Construction Project
- Obtain concept approval and discuss funding options with your Vice President.
- If your renovation will change the size or function of a space, you must obtain approval from Facilities Management prior to submitting your Work Request.
- If the project affects the civic structure or public spaces of the college, your request must be reviewed by Facilities Management.
Danforth Hall will be constructed within the same footprint but will increase the square footage from 37,522 square feet to 45,000 square feet by using modern design. The hall will include 175 beds, a coffee bar, and will include sustainability and energy efficiency principles.