Berea College Continuous Improvement exists to create and sustain a campus culture that uses Lean methodology to remove “pain” and frustration from work processes. This is done to support the achievement of Berea College’s mission while also realizing hard and soft savings.
Our team aspires to educate the campus community through Lean projects across our various departments. The ultimate goal is to inspire a norm amongst our community members (student, faculty, and staff) of using Lean tools in creative ways to solve every day problems.
2017-2018 fiscal year:
- 11 completed projects with a savings of $595,685
- 6 additional staff trained in Lean Applied to Business Processes
- 4 completed Green Belts
2016-17 fiscal year:
- 11 projects completed with savings of $123,205
- 7 additional staff and 1 additional faculty member trained in Lean Applied to Business Processes
- 2 UT and 2 BC Greenbelt Certifications awarded