- The Political Science major provides an understanding of how humankind attempts to deal with ordered relationships in institutions through the study of political organizations such as legislatures, courts and executives.
- In addition, the focus of study is on local political affairs, national politics, and international relations.
- The student becomes aware of the scope of political topics and activities using philosophical, historical, and behavioral methods.
- Majors are expected to develop research skills in the pursuit of topics in which they have an interest.
- Political Science provides a particularly useful background for students planning a career in government or public service, law, teaching, business and other professions that involve an understanding of ordered relationships.
If you would like more information related to political science at Berea College, you can “like” Berea College Political Science on Facebook.