The Berea College IS&S Technology Resource Center, Infrastructure Team and Central Administration Team provide administrative and technical support to faculty and staff using campus phone services, voicemail, long distance service and mobile phones.
- Report phone problems to the Technology Resource Center Help Desk by calling extension 3343 or sending e-mail to Help_Desk@berea.edu.
- Student residence hall emergency phone service is provided at key locations in each residence hall.
- Students are encouraged to use their own mobile phones and/or the Skype for Business application for voice communications. Phone service for individual student residence hall rooms is provided as needed upon request to the Technology Resource Center.
- To reach another campus phone, dial the four-digit extension.
- To make an off campus local call, dial 8 + the seven-digit phone number.
- To reach local directory assistance, dial 8 + 555-1212.
- To make a long distance call, dial 8 + 1 + the ten-digit number including area code. Note that the campus phone system no longer supports the use of access codes to manage the billing for long distance calls. All long distance calls made from a given phone are charged to the department responsible for that phone.
IMPORTANT CAMPUS PHONE NUMBERS
|Main campus telephone number for Berea College||985-3000|
|IS&S Technology Resource Center Help Desk – for campus phone changes, help and repairs||985-3343|
|IS&S Central Administration – for mobile phone service changes||985-3802|
- Voicemail is delivered as an audio file attached to an e-mail message in your inbox. To listen to the voicemail, open the e-mail message and then open the attachment. To access your voicemail from your campus phone, dial extension 74000 and respond to the prompts for entering your PIN and menu selections. To access your voicemail from an off campus phone or from another campus phone, dial your own campus number and press the * key when the voicemail greeting message begins. Then reply to the prompts for entering your ID (your extension), PIN and menu selections.
- In order to obtain a new campus phone line with voicemail or have a voicemail account added to an existing campus phone line, Please contact the Technology Resource Center. To obtain a voicemail account, you must already have a network/e-mail account.
- In order to obtain a general voicemail account for a work group, the group must have a non-standard network/e-mail account. To obtain a non-standard network/e-mail account, the account sponsor must fill out the non-standard account application form and bring it to the IS&S Technology Resource Center for processing.
Portable Wireless Devices
The following information is for Berea College faculty and staff only.
Mobile telephones or other portable wireless devices may be issued to college employees who have a frequent need for remote telephone access or for use in the event of an emergency. College-owned portable wireless devices and services are to be acquired following the College policy and procedures.
Use of Portable Wireless Devices
Invoices will be paid by IS&S Central Administration. Itemized statements are available on the AT&T web site to department liaisons, who are responsible for reviewing the statements and communicating with device users in their respective departments.
Employees must immediately repay their department for usage charges incurred due to personal calls, text messages or other services.
Employees should avoid the unsafe practice of talking on a mobile phone while operating a motor vehicle.
How to Request Wireless Service
Portable wireless voice and/or data service must be requested per College policy and requires specific approval of the responsible area Department Head and Vice President. Complete the request form and either scan it and e-mail to Help_Desk@berea.edu or bring it to the IS&S Technology Resource Center or send it to IS&S at CPO 2208. IS&S will notify you when your equipment arrives.
Employees may not make changes to wireless service through direct contact with the service provider. Available service plans will be revised as deemed appropriate by IS&S and as negotiated by the Purchasing Department with the provider. Changes to plans and features will be made by IS&S Central Administration.