Information Systems and Services (IS&S) is the collective name of Berea College’s Information Technology department. (read more)
New Features & Announcements
- Berea365 – Berea Campus email accounts are hosted on Microsoft’s Office 365 platform. This allows for email access anywhere an Internet connection is available, plus Word Online and many other features.
- bereabox – Bereabox will be self-manageable and a fully supported service through the Information Systems and Services department. All Berea students, faculty and staff are provided with 50 GB of personal storage as well as access to organizational folders with unlimited storage.
Current System Outages
At this time there are no network and system outages.
Currently Scheduled System Maintenance
Please note that no additional notices will be sent for any scheduled routine maintenance windows; however, if any scheduled work exceeds the window, a follow up notice will be sent by individual groups responsible for the service. The best option is to check with TRC (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or concerns.
Below is the schedule of times when regular maintenance may be performed during the College operating calendar. Please be aware that emergency maintenance may be performed outside of these windows or on College holidays, but will generally be announced campus wide. (effective 5/24/2017)
- Banner: 1:00 – 3:00 AM, Tuesday – Saturday.
- BDM: 1:00 – 3:00 AM, Tuesday – Saturday.
- Argos: 1:00 – 3:00 AM, Tuesday – Saturday.
- MyBerea portlet functionality: 1:00 – 3:00 AM, Tuesday – Saturday.
- All of the following services: 1:30 to 6:30 AM, Every Thursday:
- MyBerea Portal
- Network file shares.
- Server-based applications (Printing, Web Control, etc.)
- Wired and Wireless network access in all buildings on campus.
- VPN access.
- Telephone service (including time clocks.)
- General Internet access.
- All cloud-based services (Box, OneDrive, Lynda.com, etc.)
- Email (Office365.)