Information Systems and Services (IS&S) is the collective name of Berea College’s Information Technology Department.
New Features & Announcements
- Wireless Transition at Berea – IS&S is now in the process of transitioning campus residence halls to modern wireless technology, switching, and device authentication.
- Duo/MFA – What is Multi-factor authentication and why does Berea College require it?
- Sending and Receiving Secure Email – Berea365 includes the ability to send and receive encrypted emails to other Berea email addresses and off-campus accounts.
- Berea365 – Berea Campus email accounts are hosted on Microsoft’s Office 365 platform. This allows for email access anywhere an Internet connection is available, plus Word Online and many other features.
- bereabox – Bereabox is Berea College’s recommended cloud storage solution for file storage, file sharing and collaboration. Bereabox offers students, faculty and staff a secure space for storing and accessing files from anywhere with almost any device.
Current System Outages
Currently Scheduled System Maintenance
Please note that no additional notices will be sent for any scheduled routine maintenance windows; however, if any scheduled work exceeds the window, a follow-up notice will be sent by individual groups responsible for the service. The best option is to check with IS& Helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or concerns.
Below is the schedule of times when regular maintenance may be performed during the College operating calendar. Please be aware that emergency maintenance may be performed outside of these windows or on College holidays, but will generally be announced campus-wide. (effective 5/24/2017)
- Banner: 1:00 – 3:00 AM, Tuesday – Saturday.
- BDM: 1:00 – 3:00 AM, Tuesday – Saturday.
- Argos: 1:00 – 3:00 AM, Tuesday – Saturday.
- MyBerea portlet functionality: 1:00 – 3:00 AM, Tuesday – Saturday.
- All of the following services: 1:30 to 6:30 AM, Every Thursday:
- MyBerea Portal
- Network file shares.
- Server-based applications (Printing, Web Control, etc.)
- Wired and Wireless network access in all buildings on campus.
- VPN access.
- Telephone service (including time clocks.)
- General Internet access.
- All cloud-based services (Box, OneDrive etc.)
- Email (Office365.)