Unless there is an emergency situation, the Fund’s Board of Trustees reviews requests once a year in December. All funding requests for the 2018 grant cycle must be received at the Appalachian Fund Office by 5:00 pm on Friday, October 13, 2017. Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted. Requests should be submitted in accordance with our Grant Application Guidelines.
Here’s the process:
- Fill out the Grant Inquiry Form online. David Cooke will follow up with you on your proposed project.
- Submit Grant Application Cover Sheet and completed application by October 13, 2017.
- The text box on the Grant Application Sheet containing the brief description of what the requested funds will be used for must be completed. Do not use statements such as ‘see enclosed text.
- Grant applications narratives must be no more than three pages in length, not counting the cover page. Applications exceeding this length will not be accepted.
- Submit report on prior year grant (if applicable) by same deadline.
- Trustees meet in December to review grant requests.
- You will be notified in January whether your request was approved or denied.
- Checks are typically issued in January and July.