Estimating your financial eligibility to attend Berea College will help you understand if Berea is right for you.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is undergoing updates for the 2024-2025 school year and as such we are working on updates to our tools that help families estimate the likelihood of meeting Berea College’s financial eligibility requirements. As more tools become available, we will update this page.
If you find that your household meets the criteria below, we encourage students to apply.
Important note – please be aware that the household income thresholds listed below are meant to be estimated guidelines. Meeting the criteria below does not guarantee that a student will ultimately meet the financial requirements of the College. In addition, while financial eligibility is a requirement for all students, our holistic review of a student’s full application means that not all who financially qualify will be offered admission. If you find your household does not meet the criteria below and have questions or are unsure, we strongly encourage you to reach out to our Family Engagement Counselor, Becca Parrish.
|Family Size||Single Parent Household Total Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)||Two Parent Household Total Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)*|
|2||Less than $59,000||Less than $50,300|
|3||Less than $74,800||Less than $63,300|
|4||Less than $90,100||Less than $76,300|
|5||Less than $105,500||Less than $89,200|
|6||Less than $120,800||Less than $102,200|
|7||Less than $136,200||Less than $115,200|
|8||Less than $151,500||Less than $128,200|
If you answer yes to any of the questions below, you are considered an independent student and will likely meet Berea’s financial eligibility criteria.
- Are you currently serving on active duty or are you a veteran of the US armed forces?
- Are you a legally emancipated minor (as determined by a court)?
- Do you have children or other people (excluding your spouse) who live with you and will be receiving more than half their support from you between July 1, 2024 and June 30, 2025?
- Are you now are have you ever been in a legal guardianship (as determined by a court) with someone other than a parent or stepparent?
- At any time on or after July 1, 2023, have you been on your own and homeless OR Self-supporting and at risk of being homeless?
- At any time since you turned 13, have you been an orphan, a ward of the court, or in foster care?