As of July 1, 2019, Berea College has become a Tobacco/Smoke Free Campus. This new policy honors our seventh Great Commitment, which is to “encourage in all community members a way of life characterized by mindful and sustainable living, health and wellness…high personal standards, and a concern for the welfare of others.” It also takes into account our highly valued Eight Dimensions of Wellness.
The policy includes the prohibited use of the following on all College grounds:
- Water Pipes (Hookahs)
- E-cigarettes (i.e. Juuls)
- Vaping devices both with and without nicotine
- Chewing tobacco and other smokeless tobacco products
- Telephonic Quit Line: 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) (Free coaching, text messaging and website.)
- National Cancer Institute: 1-877-44U-QUIT (1-877-448-7848)
- American Cancer Society’s Quit for Life program: 1-800-227-2345 (Call to find out more info about the program)
Berea College does not endorse any of the above products or services. The list is provided solely as a service to you of the available tobacco cessation resources.
Tobacco-free Campus Map
This is a big step for our campus community. To help with this transition, we offer a smoking cessation class taught by the Director of Health and Wellness, Jill Gurtatowski.
Find out more information about smoking cessation classes.
Please email email@example.com for further information about smoking cessation classes or with any questions about the new policy.