About the Department
Welcome to the Berea College Student Financial Aid Services Web site! The pages at this site will help you find the answers about financing your education at Berea College. We are located at 120 Lincoln Hall. Stop by or call us at (859) 985-3310 between the hours of 8:00 a.m.-12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. The office will be closed for weekly Labor Meetings, Tuesdays from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.. Correspondence can be sent to us at CPO 2172, faxed to (859) 985-3914, or e-mailed to email@example.com.
The mission of the Student Financial Aid Program is:
- To provide, through various forms of financial aid, an educational opportunity primarily for students from Appalachia, black and white, women and men, who have great promise and limited economic resources.
- To support, through the awarding of financial aid, a residential, democratic community culture in which economic and social distinctions are minimal.
Our office’s goals:
- To provide financial aid needed, beyond the family and student’s own contribution, to meet the basic costs of education.
- To provide financial aid based on need (within available College and federal aid resources and policies) to help meet some of the additional costs of off-campus study courses, including education abroad, that are part of the student’s program of study at Berea College.
- To provide financial aid based on need (within available college and federal aid resources and policies) for off-campus jobs that provide earnings for self-help and experiences related to community service, academic program of study, and career goals.
- To provide educational programs for students and others on financial aid opportunities, policies, and practices to increase community understanding.