Risk Management and Environmental Health and Safety
The mission of the Berea College Department of Risk Management and Environmental Health and Safety is to protect people, the environment and property, in support of Berea College’s mission and reputation. This is accomplished by:
- Understanding the needs and priorities of the College community
- Providing quality services in a professional and responsive manner
- Developing policies, procedures, and response plans to address safety and environmental compliance, and emergency response
- Provide education through training and consultation
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve campus safety and environmental protection
Environmental Health and Safety provides occupational and environmental health and safety services to all faculty, students and staff, including maintaining compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations related to occupational health and safety, environmental conservation and protection, and laboratory safety. Environmental Health and Safety also provides information and training programs, and environmental health and safety consulting and auditing services.
Berea College is committed to the health and safety of its employees, students, and visitors. The college will promote the development and maintenance of programs to identify and prevent safety hazards and promote environmental health on our campus. All campus-related facilities, activities, and programs shall be designed, conducted and operated in a manner which reasonably protects human health, safety and the environment in compliance with applicable environmental health and safety laws and regulations.
Berea College Policies
Berea College | Hafer-Gibson Building | 200 N. Main St. | CPO 1913 | Berea, KY 40404 | 859-985-3350