Berea College operates on a two fifteen-week term academic calendar. This consists of required Fall and Spring terms. (Because the College is on a term system, the school does not refer to these sessions as semesters.)
Berea College does not award credit in semester hours but rather as course units. One Berea course credit equals four semester hours or six quarter hours. Students normally enroll in four course credits in each of the regular terms. There are also two summer terms for students to engage in study. These terms include one four-week and one six-week session. Students may take between one (1) and three and one quarter (3.25) credits during the summer terms.
A Fall or Spring term is considered completed on the last day of regular classes. Summer terms are considered completed one day before the last day of classes. Students who withdraw after the last day to withdraw without final grades being recorded, as defined in the Academic Calendar, will be considered enrolled for the entire term. Final grades will be entered for students who withdraw after that date.
Printable Academic Calendars
- Academic Calendar 2021-2022 (PDF)
- Fall 2020 Academic Calendar (PDF)
- Spring 2021 Academic Calendar (PDF)
- Summer 2021 Academic Calendars to be determined due to COVID-19
- Academic Calendar 2019-2020 (PDF)
- Academic Calendar 2018-2019 (PDF)
- Academic Calendar 2017-2018 (PDF)
- Academic Calendar 2016-2017 (PDF)
- Academic Calendar 2015-2016 (PDF)
- Academic Calendar 2014-2015 (PDF)
- Academic Calendar 2013-2014 (PDF)