International students will receive the following support from the International Center, specifically the International Student Advisor:
- Advising, counseling and referral as needed.
- Orientation services.
- Advocacy of international student concerns on behalf of the students with the college administration.
- Immigration services communicating with various Federal agencies (State Department, US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), IRS )
- Advising and authorizing internship opportunities such as curricular practical training, post-completion optional practical training and graduate school options.
- Advising the Cosmopolitan Club.
- Providing programming and support necessary during the summer and academic breaks.
- Liaison with the Community Friendship Program participants and the organizing committee.
- Assist with multi-cultural programs on campus and in the community with the international students and CIE programs.
- Serve as liaison/mediator between various departments and international students.
Countries Represented at Berea College
In a typical year, Berea College has about 120 international students from approximately 70 countries around the world. The following list illustrates the variety of countries represented at Berea and is not intended to indicate where our current students are from:
Trinidad and Tobago