Are you interested in developing a service-learning partnership? CELTS offers a variety of resources to help you get started. The center will also support you throughout your service-learning experience.
- Student Service-Learning Handbook (PDF file)
- Community Partner Service-Learning Handbook (PDF file)
- Faculty Service-Learning Handbook (PDF file)
The service-learning staff at CELTS are available for individual consultations with:
- community partners
We can help you:
- develop ideas for projects
- connect you with a service-learning partner
- connect you with more resources
Contact CELTS Director Ashley Cochrane to make an appointment.
Orientations, Reflection Facilitations and TA Trainings
CELTS service-learning staff offer:
- in-class orientations for service-learning courses
- assistance with facilitation of reflection activities
- trainings for Teaching Assistants (TAs) who will be working with a service-learning course.
Contact CELTS Director Ashley Cochrane for more information or to schedule one of these programs.
Mini-Van and Transportation Reimbursement
CELTS has a mini-van available for use by students in service-learning courses. All motorpool regulations apply to use of the CELTS mini-van. Contact CELTS Program Associate Sheila Lyons to schedule use of the mini-van. Please call at least one week in advance. See the attached form for details about use of the mini-van.
CELTS also offers limited reimbursement of transportation costs for service-learning courses. See the attached form for more information.
- Download form (PDF file)
These sample forms may be helpful as you develop your service-learning course. You are welcome to use or adapt these forms to fit the specific needs of your service-learning course.
- Service-Learning Project Agreement (.doc file)
- Community Partner Service-Learning Project Evaluation (PDF file)
CELTS has available a variety of resources that focus on service-learning. You can access a full listing of these resources on BANC, the Berea College Library Catalog.
These websites provide many resources for
- community partners and
They include information on service-learning
- publications and more.
- Campus Compact: Service-Learning Syllabi Links
- From this page of the Campus Compact website, you can connect to the “service-learning syllabi by discipline project.” This allows you to search for service-learning syllabi in your field. The website also provides links to many other service-learning syllabi lists and resources.
- National Service-Learning Clearinghouse: Service Learning Ideas and Curricular Example