Built in 1885-87, Lincoln Hall is the second oldest permanent structure on Berea’s campus and has been Berea’s administration building since 1914. Lincoln Hall was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1975 for its significance in the history of the U.S. civil rights movement.
Lincoln Hall underwent an 18-month, $5.5 million “green” renovation as a result of a collapse of its central interior in May 2001 and reopened in the fall of 2003.
In 2004, Lincoln Hall became the first building in Kentucky to be awarded the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification.
- Date Built: 1886
- Square Feet: 23,402