Undergraduate Research and Creative Projects Program (URCPP)
- a mentor-apprentice summer program where participating students receive valuable research experience
- Projects are faculty-initiated and coordinated through the Office of the Academic Vice President
Berea Term Abroad (BTA)
- consider studying abroad through one of Berea College’s bilateral exchanges or a Kentucky Institute for International Studies (KIIS) semester program
- learn more about BTA through the Center For International Education
Kentucky Biomedical Research Infrastructure Network (KBRIN) Undergraduate Summer Biomedical Research Program
- KBRIN funds up to 20 undergraduate students annually to participate in biomedical research under the supervision of faculty mentors who are actively engaged in biomedical research at the University of Louisville or the University of Kentucky.
- learn more about the program through their website
Berea College Internship Program
- the Office of Internships & Career Development (ICD) assists students in planning and participating in internship experiences
- ICD has funding available for unpaid internships
- learn more about this opportunity through ICD
Vanderbilt Pipeline Program
- The Vanderbilt University School of Medicine’s program to encourage college students from underrepresented groups to pursue a career in medicine
- a sophomore student from Berea College spends the summer at the medical school conducting research and preparing for the Medical College Admission Test.
- Students who successfully complete the summer program, score at a stipulated level on the MCAT, and maintain a certain level grade point average, will automatically be admitted to the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine when they graduate with a bachelor’s degree.
- contact Dr. Troy Messina for more information
Hal Moses / Aspirnaut Research Interships (Vanderbilt University)
- Internship Program which allows Berea’s most advanced biology students the opportunity to participate in summer undergraduate research at Vanderbilt
- Vanderbilt University will give qualified Berea students who participated in the program the opportunity for early-decision admission to graduate school
- Successful students may find it possible to earn an undergraduate degree at Berea, participate in the summer research internship program at Vanderbilt, and enter a graduate degree program in the sciences at Vanderbilt with no tuition obligations.
- contact Dr. Ron Rosen for more information