The Biology Department curriculum is designed to:
- enable students to understand scientific inquiry
- introduce them to the major areas of biological science
Objectives of the department are:
- to increase knowledge and appreciation of biological systems from the cell to the ecosystem
- to create awareness and understanding of biological sciences. Also, understand its role in social and economic affairs
- to emphasize the importance of interdisciplinary science proficiency and experiences
- to develop critical and independent thinking skills
- to provide the biological background necessary for entrance into a career, graduate school or professional school.
Qualified students may serve as departmental laboratory and teaching assistants. Also, students may engage in faculty-directed research and independent study opportunities.