International Application for Admission and Scholarship Packet
The Fall 2021 International Application is closed. The Fall 2022 application will become available in the summer of 2021.
Prospective students have been asking how we’re handling the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. This office is closely monitoring the pandemic worldwide and adjusting policies as appropriate to serve our applicants.
Updates for Fall 2021 International Applicants: Due to the heavy volume of applications we received at the deadline, we are unable to immediately confirm receipt of an application. With necessary COVID precautions, our processing of applications is delayed. All applicants will be notified by email once their application has been processed. We anticipate the processing of all international applications will be completed by end of January. If you have received confirmation that your package has been delivered, you can be confident the application has arrived.
Berea College has a long history of welcoming students of all nationalities, religious faiths, races, and ethnicities. If you come to Berea, you will surely be welcomed. Admission to Berea College is competitive, and you will need to meet certain requirements to be considered. Please contact us with any questions. We are happy to assist you during your college search!
All of the following items are in the packet above, and must be mailed together to the Office of Admissions:
- International Application for Admission and Scholarship form.
- International Personal Essay and Essay Cover Sheet.
- Copy of official secondary school records. DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS.
- Personal Statement of Financial Circumstances.
- International Financial Questionnaire (IFQ).
- International Financial Recommendation Form.
- Two (2) Admission Recommendation forms, at least one of which should be written by a current or former teacher.
- Copy of official scores from at least one of the following exams: TOEFL, IELTS, ACT or SAT. You should register and take the test early in order include a copy of your scores in your packet and to meet the deadline.
- *Test Score Requirement: All applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency by submitting results from one of four examinations (TOEFL, ACT, SAT, IELTS). We understand that the administration of these exams has been suspended in many countries. Students who remain unable to register for one of the four accepted exams in their home country on September 15 may email firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission to submit results from an alternative proficiency examination. Students who live in a country where testing has resumed as of September 15 will be required to submit results from one of the four accepted exams.
Additional International Tips & Tricks
- Applying for Admission
- Costs and Financial Aid
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2020
- Previous International Applicants: If you have previously applied to Berea and wish to apply again, a new application packet must be submitted, including all supporting materials (test scores, transcripts, recommendations, etc.). Please be sure to tell us of any college or university coursework you are currently pursuing or have completed since your last application.
- Applicants must mail the completed application forms and all other components of the application process in one packet (test scores, high school records, recommendations, etc.). International students cannot apply online. Please note that application packets must be received by that date in order to be considered for admission.
- Once an application has been processed, a confirmation email will be sent to the applicant. All applicants will receive an update on their admission decision status in January. Final admissions decisions will be released no later than March 31.