We Are the Web Team
Our mission is to run a web site that is a compelling front porch for Berea College.
Some of the Details
- We manage a secure and functional web content management system (WCMS). The current WCMS contains 114 subsites and about 4,000 pages.
- Most of our subsites have web content managers. We offer training, documentation and direct consultation to our web content managers.
- Berea College offers a high quality liberal arts education without charging tuition. While our principle student constituents are from southern Appalachia, we have students from all over the U.S. and many foreign countries.
- We are hard at work to make Berea.edu 2016 accessible to visitors with disabilities. Our goal is to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level “AA.”
- We are bulking up Berea.edu’s appeal to search engines – SEO (Search Engine Optimization). This is long-term task that includes using key words and phrases, keeping a fine eye on the “analytic” performance of our landing pages and performing “tweaks” as necessary.
- We are measuring our “readability levels” on key landing pages in Berea.edu. Where necessary, we are simplifying text in accordance with best practices for web text.