Draper Hall was constructed in 1937 and modeled after Independence Hall in Philadelphia. The building’s renovation, which was one of the first major green building projects on campus, was completed in 2002. Draper is the largest academic building on campus and houses five academic departments, the Center for Learning, Teaching, Communication and Research, and the Campus Christian Center.
The renovation doubled the number of offices and creation of spaces for whole-class activities, small group projects, individual learning, and one-on-one conversations. Draper’s green building features include comprehensive recycling stations on every floor, an atrium for daylighting/ventilation, occupancy sensors for lights, ceiling fans, low-flow toilets, and rainfall collection for flushing toilets in the building.