We are now accepting submissions for the 2022 SPRING Semester rental bikes! Please fill out the form linked at the bottom of this page and you will be placed on the waiting list for the upcoming semester.
The Berea College Bike Club (BCBC) is an initiative launched strictly for students by the Office of Sustainability in partnership with Public Safety in an effort to increase Berea College student access to affordable alternative transportation. We also hope the program will encourage students to become lifelong cyclists.
What are the rules?
Members are solely responsible for properly securing bikes to bike racks. Appropriate locks are provided. In the case of theft, members MUST inform Berea College Public Safety and file a report, and the Berea College Bike Club at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as it is stolen. Recovered bikes will be returned to the members. If your bike is stolen or missing, your account will be charged the following:
Fleet Bike (blue bikes): $350
- Members MUST be enrolled at Berea College at the time of application submission and plan to be enrolled the following semester.
- Providing inaccurate information may result in disqualification from the Bike Program.
- Bikes are rented on a first-come-first-served basis, by order of waitlist and RSVP. Submitting an application DOES NOT GUARANTEE bike availability.
- Student has complete responsibility for maintaining the bicycle. BCBC shall be held blameless in any dispute and/or litigation.
- Student takes full responsibility for the bike, its accessories, and proper locking when not in use.
- Students pay a $10 fee per semester.
- Bikes may only be rented by students living in a campus residence hall OR Ecovillage.
- Submissions are only accepted for the current semester.
- Bikes may only be rented for use at Berea College and in the Berea community. Bikes may not be taken outside of the Berea community for any reason.
If a student has been observed to break these regulations, any rental may be repossessed at the discretion of the Office of Sustainability
For any additional information, please feel free to contact the Office of Sustainability at email@example.com
To receive your bike:
- Fill out an application. Apply here
- Your information will be verified to determine eligibility.*
- Read the safety documents below, before picking up your bike.
- Roll out with your new bike!
*If you are put on a waiting list, you will be notified when your name comes up to receive your bike.