The Berea College Bike Club (BCBC) is an initiative launched strictly for students by the Office of Sustainability in partnership with Public Safety in an effort to increase Berea College student access to affordable alternative transportation. We also hope the program will encourage students to become lifelong cyclists.
What are the rules?
Members are solely responsible for properly securing bikes to bike racks. Appropriate locks are provided. In the case of theft, members MUST inform Berea College Public Safety and file a report, and the Berea College Bike Club at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as it is stolen. Recovered bikes will be returned to the members. If your bike is stolen or missing, your account will be charged the following:
Fleet Bike (blue bikes): $350
Surplus Bike (all makes and models): $100
- Members MUST be enrolled at Berea College at the time of application submission and plan to be enrolled the following semester.
- Providing inaccurate information may result in disqualification from the Bike Program.
- Bikes are rented on a first-come-first-served basis, by order of waitlist and RSVP.
- Student has complete responsibility for maintaining the bicycle. BCBC shall be held blameless in any dispute and/or litigation.
- Student takes full responsibility for the bike, its accessories, and proper locking when not in use.
- Students pay a $10 fee per semester.
- Submissions are only accepted for current and upcoming semesters.
- Bikes may only be rented for use at Berea College and in the Berea community. Bikes may not be taken outside of the Berea community for any reason.
For any additional information, please feel free to contact the Office of Sustainability at email@example.com
Please Note: All Fall 2020 bikes have been rented. Unfortunately, no more bikes are available. New requests will not be processed.
To receive your bike:
- Fill out an application. Apply here
- Your information will be verified to determine eligibility.*
- Read the safety documents below, before picking up your bike.
- Roll out with your new bike!
*If you are put on a waiting list, you will be notified when your name comes up to receive your bike.