S.Q.U.A.D. aims to provide a safe emotional space that allows young Black and Brown women on campus to feel included, empowered, and celebrated. Students will be mentored to learn the key principles of self-love, authenticity, resilience, respect, and comradery as a means for navigating Berea College and post-graduate life. We aim to provide resources and skills that benefit the students’ scholarly, professional, emotional, and mental well-being.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate tangible ways to showcase authenticity and self-love
- Discuss their intersecting identities as a Black woman and how that impacts life here at Berea College and throughout their journey
- Obtain skills pertaining to resiliency development
- Develop leadership skills to utilize within their spheres of influence
- Communicate professionally in any setting no matter the medium
- Identify healthy ways to exercise self-care and make themselves a priority