Coordinator of Student Success
Stephenson Hall (Bruce-Trades), 128
8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- General Studies 101N (Tue/Thur: 9 – 9:50 a.m.)
Shalamar Sandifer is the Coordinator of Student Success in the Office of Student Success & Transition (SST). In this role, Shalamar serves as:
- a student success coach for students at Berea throughout their time at Berea.
- a supplemental advisor for students who need additional support developing course plans each term, deciding on major(s) or minor(s), or creating an Electronic Curriculum Plan in preparation of the Declaration of Major process, and
- an intervention specialist for students who are in need of extra support
Shalamar works with the SST to enhance Berea College’s holistic advising practices and support students’ success and personal discernment.
Shalamar Sandifer graduated from Berea College in 2003 with a BA in Child & Family Studies. She completed her Masters in Student Personnel Services in Higher Education from Eastern Kentucky University in 2014. Shalamar is no stranger to the Berea Community having been employed now at Berea College for many years. She has served in numerous roles across campus in Campus Life, Campus Christian Center, Academic Services, Office of First-Year Initiatives, Emerging Scholars Program, and now in her current role as the Coordinator of Student Success in the Office of Student Success and Transition.
- B.A. in Child & Family Studies, Berea College ‘03
- M.A. in Student Personnel Services in Higher Education, Eastern Kentucky University ‘14