Student Success Advisor
Stephenson Hall (Bruce-Trades), 128
Mon: 10 a.m. – noon
- GST 101N C (Tue/Thur: 10 – 10:50 a.m.)
- GST 101N E (Tue/Thur: 11 – 11:50 a.m.)
- GST 110A A (Mon: 4 – 6 p.m.)
Channing Francis holds a dual appointment in the Office of Student Success & Transition (SST) and the Office of Internships & Career Development (ICD) as the Student Success Advisor. In this role, Channing serves as:
- a primary academic advisor for various students, including undecided or exploratory students,
- a supplemental advisor for students who need additional support developing course plans each term, deciding on major(s) or minor(s), or creating an Electronic Curriculum Plan in preparation of the Declaration of Major process, and
- as a career advisor for students who are exploring academic and career possibilities.
Channing works with the SST and ICD teams to enhance Berea College’s holistic advising practices and support students’ career exploration and personal discernment.
Before this role, Channing served in the Office of Academic Services, primarily supporting students with disabilities and contributing to the College’s academic retention and recognition activities. He earned a Master of Arts degree in Higher Education Administration from the University of Louisville’s College of Education and Human Development (2018) and a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Berea College (2012).
- B.S. in Business Administration, Berea College ’12
- M.A. in Higher Education Administration, University of Louisville ’18