Section A- Composition
The SGA Senate shall consist of the President, Vice-President, and Senator from each class, along with four at-large Senators. The Campus Activities Board (CAB) Chair (or designate from the CAB Executive Council) and one member of the faculty shall serve as ex officio, voting members; the Vice-President of Labor and Student Life (or designate) shall serve as an ex officio, non-voting member.
Section B- Leadership
The Senate shall elect a Speaker and a Clerk from within its membership and other officers as deemed necessary.
Section C- Duties
The duties of the Senate will be to:
- Meet regularly, no less than bi-weekly
- Allocate the funds of the SGA treasury
- Establish all election procedures for Senate positions and Executive Offices of the SGA.
- Encourage and sponsor campus events that contribute to awareness, knowledge, and thought about contemporary issues.
- Make all legislation necessary and proper to campus governance.