Update 6/18 – New Building Hours and Updates
Starting Monday, June 22nd, Seabury Center will be open 9:00am-7:30pm Monday through Friday for students, faculty, staff and spouses. The pool and indoor track will also open next week. Workout times must be scheduled in advance. Please call the Service Desk 985-3420 to schedule a time.
Seabury Center will reopen Monday, June 8th to active students, faculty and staff.
The safety of our users and team members is the most important. It’s our hope that we can continue to provide access to equipment and space to facilitate your fitness journey while maintaining a healthy environment for everyone. As we open back up its also important to acknowledge that each of us play an important role in making Seabury Center a safe experience for everyone.
Building hours will be as follows:
- Monday through Friday : 10:00am-6:30pm
- (Beginning 6/22 – Monday-Friday 9:00am-7:30pm)
- Saturday and Sunday: Closed
- Weight and Cardio Rooms
- Pool (Will open on 6/22)
- To begin, only active students, faculty and staff will be permitted to use the Center.
- Users must preregister for 1-hour workout times by calling the Service Desk (859-985-3420). Registration may be made up to a week in advance.
- To begin, there will be 10 reservation slots in the weight/cardio room and 3 in the pool (when open).
- Users will be checked into the facility for their pre-registered workout time. Upon entry, temperature checks will be conducted, and users will be asked to sanitize their hands.
- Users and staff will be required to wear a mask at all times while in the facility (with the exception of swimmers while in the water).
- Users are expected to bring their own masks; masks will not be provided.
- The locker rooms and showers will be closed; only restrooms on the first floor near the concessions area (north entrance) will be available. Swimmers should shower in advance and arrive at the Center in swimwear with an appropriate cover-up.
- Users must practice social distancing and remain six feet from other users.
- Users should only use one piece of equipment at a time and sanitize before and after each use.
- Water fountains will be unavailable; users should bring their own water bottles.
- Strict adherence to the one-hour time intervals to allow our staff time to sanitize spaces between each reservation time.
- There will be special reservation times designated for students, faculty or staff at higher risk.
- Compliance with all of these new rules is mandatory; persons failing to observe these rules may lose their privileges to use the Center. The Center may be closed by state or local health department authorities if these rules are not strictly observed.
- Stay home if you felt sick in the last 24 hours.
- Get tested immediately if you feel sick.
Community and alumni members with active 2019-2020 memberships will automatically have their membership extended four months once full access resumes or they may request a partial membership refund equivalent to the time remaining on their membership. Please direct membership extension questions or refund requests by email to email@example.com. Retiree and guest access to the Center will be restricted as well.
In accordance with the KY state guidelines, the following areas or amenities will temporarily be suspended or unavailable:
- Blood pressure machine
- Equipment checkout (basketballs, rackets, jump ropes, belts, etc.)
- Floor mats
- Hager Gym
- Hallway seating
- Locker rooms or showers (only concession restrooms will remain open)
- Lost and Found
- Racquetball courts
- Vending machines
- Walking track (will reopen 6/22)
- Water fountains (water bottle fill station in the weight room will remain open)
- Weight scale