Department of Public Safety
- Don’t walk alone late in the evening.
- Don’t study alone in classroom buildings at night.
- Do walk in well-lit areas.
- Do walk with confidence and self-assurance.
- Do know where emergency callboxes are located.
- Do read all caution and warning labels on containers.
- Do wear your safety belt.
- Don’t travel alone for long distances.
- Do carry keys to the vehicle in-hand for quick access to car if necessary.
- Do park in well-lit areas.
- Do record serial numbers, the make, and the model.
- Do lock bike to bike racks.
- Do engrave your name on your bicycle.
- Do cross the street at crosswalks.
- Do wear a helmet.
- Do lock your room door, even if you plan to be away only a short period of time.
- Do record serial numbers on all electronic equipment.
- Do un-prop and close any residence hall doors found open.
- Do report immediately any suspicious activity or crime in or around the residence hall.
- Do avoid placing yourself in dangerous situations.
- Don’t attempt to exit a room if door handle is hot or smoke is in the hall.
- Don’t use a fire extinguisher on other than very small fires (example: trash cans)
- Do activate fire alarm pull station immediately.
- Do become familiar with fire evacuation procedures posted on residence hall doors.
- Do know where fire extinguishers and pull stations are located.
- Do call 911 or 3333 when alarm sounds in any building.