To receive safety and emergency alerts as text messages to your mobile phone, sign on to the myBerea portal, navigate to the My Accounts tab, click on the Safety and Emergency Alert Subscriptions menu entry and follow these steps:
Activating One Phone Number:
To subscribe to e2Campus and activate one mobile phone text message number for safety and emergency alert messages:
- Your user id is automatically the same as your myBerea portal ID and cannot be changed.
- Enter your first and last name, and the password you want to use for your e2Campus access.
- If you choose to also receive non-emergency warnings as mobile phone text messages for timely notification of potential dangers, check the box provided.
- Enter your mobile phone number in the space provided and select your carrier from the pull-down list.
- Check the Agree to Terms of Service box and click Create Account to send the request. You will be automatically logged into the e2Campus system.
- Check your mobile phone text messages to confirm receipt of a validation text message showing your unique validation code.
- Enter the validation code from the text message and click Validate to confirm your request.
- Your account is now validated and you will receive urgent safety alert messages.
If you have difficulty getting registered with e2Campus, contact the IS&S Help Desk by calling 3343 or coming to the Computer Center.
Activating Additional Phone Numbers:
To register additional text message phone numbers, e-mail addresses, or voice phone numbers:
Additional text message phone numbers:
For each additional phone, enter the number in the Phone box, select the carrier from the pull-down list and click the Add SMS button. Check your mobile phone text messages to confirm receipt of a validation text message showing your unique validation code. Enter the validation code from the text message and click Validate to confirm your request.
For each e-mail address, enter the address in the Email Address box and click the Add Email button. Check your e-mail to confirm receipt of a validation e-mail message. Simply reply to the email message to confirm your request.
NOTE: All campus safety and emergency alerts will automatically be sent to Berea College e-mail addresses so there is no need to register your berea.edu e-mail address on the e2Campus system unless it is the only address you want to register and you did not register a mobile phone for text messages.
Voice phone numbers:
For each cell phone, office phone or other land line phone on which you wish to receive alerts, enter the phone number in the Phone box and click the Add Voice button. Voice phone registrations do not require validation.