Dr. Berheide’s Research
- Politics and Idiotics. Book manuscript in preparation.
- Deus Ludens: A Theodicy of God at Play. Book manuscript in preparation.
- “A New Theodicy: The Problem of Evil in Enlightenment Thought.” Working paper.
- “Evil Memes: Gresham’s Law and the Collision Theory of Truth.” Working paper.
- “Proofs of Popper’s ‘Theory of Frequency of Finite Classes.” Working paper.
- “You Stupid Galatians! Symbosclerosis and Paul’s Understanding of the Nature of Law.” Working paper.
- “The Natural Limit of Presidential Terms.” Working paper.
- “Plato’s Conception of Love and the Individual.” Still a dream.
Dr. Heyrman’s Research
Dr. Heyrman’s paper, “The Electoral College: A Critical Analysis,” was published in The Commonwealth Review of Political Science in 2015, and he has also done several presentations based on this Electoral College research. His book, Politics, Hollywood Style: From Mr. Smith to Selma, was published in December, 2018. The book looks historically and thematically at several dozen prominent American films and the images of politics that they present. You can find the book here: https://rowman.com/isbn/9781498551939.
Dr. Heyrman’s paper, “Fictional Foreign Policy: How Madam Secretary and House of Cards Depict United States Foreign Policy,” was presented at the March 2018 meeting of the Kentucky Political Science Association. You can see it here: Heyrman – Fictional Foreign Policy
His current research follows up on previous Electoral College research by looking at the movement for a National Popular Vote Compact.