Prof. Abdul Rifai
Professor of Political Science
At Berea College since 1966
Frost, Room 115
Phone: (859) 985-3356
Fax: (859) 985-3642
Office Hours, Fall 2015:
Or By Appointment
Class Schedule, Fall 2015:
- PSC 250 (Tue/Thur: 10:00 am – 11:50 am)
- B.A., American University of Beirut, , 1958
- M.A., Indiana University, 1960
- Ph.D., American University, 1966
- Spring, 2008: PSC 220 Comparative Political Systems
- Spring, 2008: PSC 352 Politics of Developing Nations
- Fall, 2008: PSC 250 International Relations
- Fall, 2008: PSC 355 Foreign Policy
- Fall, 2008: PSC 480 Senior Research
- Spring, 2009: PSC 220 Comparative Political Systems
- Spring, 2009: HIS 270 History of the Middle East
Dr. Rifai received his B.A. in Public Administration from the American University of Beirut, his masters in Government from Indiana University and his PhD at the American University in Washington, D.C., in International Relations and Organizations.
Dr Rifai was first impressed by Berea College’s commitment to learning and its vision to provide quality education to the Appalachian region. Impressed by the extensive international experiences of the faculty and administration and their dedication to a better understanding of the global community. The bridge between Appalachia and the world is realized by Berea’s outreach program to attract deserving international students and serve humanity at large.
This global awareness is emphasized in Dr. Rifai’s political science classes which focus on various areas of international relations.