April 28-30, 2019 | Lexington, Kentucky
Call for Proposals
Partners for Education at Berea College seeks proposals for our 2nd annual Rural College Access and Success Summit, taking place April 28-30 in Lexington, Kentucky. As one of the few national convenings to focus on rural America, the Summit brings together teachers, principals, superintendents, legislators, and non-profit leaders together to share ideas and strategies for ensuring that rural youth have the opportunity to successfully transition from high school to college and career. In order for the 2019 Summit to reflect the great breadth and depth of work taking place in rural communities, we need your breakout session proposals! We hope you’ll consider sharing your expertise and ideas with fellow professionals.
In order to help us assemble a balanced and engaging conference, we hope that your proposed session will address one (or more) of the following conference strand topics:
- Influencing and Building Capacity
- Lifting Aspirations
- Building Academic Skills
- Engaging Families
- Connecting College and Career
- Deploying Results-Based, Collective Impact Approach
Some things to keep in mind as you create your proposal:
- Each breakout session will be 60 minutes long, and you are encouraged to allow 10-15 minutes of that time to be used for Q & A.
- Each breakout session room will include the following: projector, screen, one microphone. We cannot guarantee accommodation of additional technology needs.
- Presentation proposals for a variety of session formats are encouraged, including (but not limited to) panel presentations, interactive workshops, and roundtable discussions. Our goal is to provide a selection of diverse and engaging presentations.
About the Summit
The Rural College Access and Success Summit, hosted by Partners for Education at Berea College, is an annual opportunity to put the needs of rural America on center stage. Bringing together teachers, principals, superintendents, legislators, non-profit leaders and other stakeholders, the Summit provides opportunities to share ideas and strategies for ensuring that rural youth have the opportunity to successfully transition from high school to college and to career. During the Summit, college access and success programs that serve rural America can share best practices and highlight the unique challenges of increasing opportunity in rural America. Taking place in the heart of the picturesque bluegrass region of Kentucky, the Summit offers attendees unique opportunities to network, learn best practices, and strategize new and innovative approaches to college access and success programs. Please visit www.berea.edu/pfe to learn more about the Summit and Partners for Education.
Please note that we are unable to waive RCAS Summit registration fees for presenters. Presenters will need to register for the RCAS Summit and pay the attendee registration fee.
For questions about proposal submission, please contact Katie Basham, Director of Rural Impact at Katherine_basham@berea.edu or (859) 985-3125.