Katherine C. Christensen Scholarship Fund
The Katherine C. Christensen Scholarship Fund provides generous funding to support Berea students who are interested in history, medieval studies, calligraphy, libraries, or canon law. Scholarships may be used to pursue special learning opportunities such as study abroad, residency programs, internships, or graduate study between May 2024 and April 2025. Scholarships may range up to $10,000.
Are you eligible to apply?
Students must be in good standing. If a student selected for a grant is placed on probation of any kind prior to leaving campus, the student will forfeit the grant.
Seniors graduating in May or August 2024 are eligible to apply.
F-1 international students may apply.
DACA students may propose experiences and should consult with the College’s DACA Point Person, Gwendolyn Ferreti, prior to submitting a proposal.
Non-U.S. citizens, who neither hold an F-1 visa nor a DACA card, should consult with the Director of International Education, Richard Cahill, about their options before applying.
Selection is based on an application process that asks students to demonstrate imagination, creativity, maturity, and thoughtful reflection about how this grant will contribute to their learning.
Interested students should:
- Attend the Zoom informational session held Tuesday, November 14th at 5:00 PM.
- Meet with their academic advisor or another faculty member to discuss their proposed project prior to December 8, 2023.
- Complete the Katherine C. Christensen Scholarship Application by January 10, 2024 including a budget and proposal essay of 400-600 words, via the linked form. If you have any difficulty with this form, please contact Tiffany Lindsey (firstname.lastname@example.org). When finished, please upload your completed application to the Box folder linked on the application form itself as either a .PDF or .docx document with the correct naming convention.
- By January 5, 2023, request a recommendation from a faculty member or advisor. The faculty member should submit their recommendation using the Katherine C. Christensen Endorsement Form, found here, by January 15, 2024.
- All students who receive the Scholarship will be required to write a letter to the donor, indicating the positive impact of the opportunity.
After thoroughly reading this page and the application form carefully, if you still have remaining questions and would like to discuss the application process, please contact either Rebecca Bates (email@example.com) or Tiffany Lindsey (firstname.lastname@example.org).