80th MOUNTAIN FOLK FESTIVAL
April 1-2, 2016, Seabury Center, Berea College, Berea, Kentucky
Be sure to come early for the Street Dance kickoff, March 31, 6-8 pm!
Friday, April 1 – registration and check in at Seabury, old gym, second floor 8 a.m. (Pre-registrations are necessary for planning and preparing!)
Saturday, April 2 – Dance all day!
List of dances:
- Gisburn Processional (English)
- Sellenger’s Round (English)
- Hole In the Wall (English Longways)
- Little Black Dress (American contra)
- Forward Six and Back aka Right Hand High, Left Hand Low (American square)
- Duke of Kent’s Waltz (English)
- Turn the Glasses Over (Singing Game)
- Cabot School Mixer (Circle Mixer)
- Big Set: right hands across, eight hands over, four leaf clover, birdie in the cage, big basket
- Danish Double Quadrille (Danish)
- Petronella (American Contra)
- Black Nag (English 3 couple)
May Day Carol
Dining in Berea
They accept cash and credit cards (sorry, no checks). Door prices for guests for individual meals (Prices do not include tax):
- Dinner……………. $10.39
- Special event meal….$10.99
PapaLeno’s – pizza and Italian dishes, moderately priced, usually fairly crowded at lunch.
Berea Coffee and Tea – coffee, soups, bagels, sandwiches, bag lunches can be ordered in advance which include sandwich, chips, pickle, drink and, for a bit extra, a big cookie.
Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant – moderately priced, fast service and big meals.
Cracker Barrel – Located off of exit 76 near Wal-Mart. Information about menus, prices, and food can be found at Cracker Barrel’s Web site.
China Buffet – $5.95 lunch buffet all-you-can-eat. We’ll have some maps.
Fast Food Restaurants:
|Other motels (All are a short drive from campus)|
|Comfort Inn and Suites||859-985-5500|
|Country InnEcono Lodge||859-986-9324|
|Fairfield Inn and Suites||859-985-8191|
|Super 8 Motel||859-986-8426|
|The Holiday Motel||859-986-9311|
|Holiday Inn Express||859-985-1901|