79th MOUNTAIN FOLK FESTIVAL
April 10-11, 2015, Seabury Center, Berea College, Berea, Kentucky
Be sure to come early for the Street Dance kickoff, April 9, 6-8 pm!
Friday, April 10 - registration and check in at Seabury, old gym, second floor 8 a.m. (Pre-registrations are necessary for planning and preparing!)
Saturday, April 11 – Dance all day!
List of dances:
- Take A Dance (English Country Dance)
- Lady Walpole’s Reel (19th Century American Contra Dance)
- Grand Square Quadrille (American Square Dance)
- Circle Waltz (English Country Dance)
- Glen Echo Promenade (American Circle Mixer by Bob Dalsemer)
- Jump Josie (American Singing Game)
- The Crested Hen (Danish Folk Dance)
- Trip to Lambertville (American Contra Dance by Steve Zakon-Anderson)
- Oliver’s Maggot (English Country Dance by Dawn Winskill)
- May Day Carol
Dining in Berea
We accept cash and credit cards (sorry, no checks). Our door prices for guests (Prices do not include tax):
- Dinner…… $8.93
- Special event $9.94
Special event .$9.94
PapaLeno’s - pizza and Italian dishes, moderately priced, usually fairly crowded at lunch.
Berea Coffee and Tea - coffee, soups, bagels, sandwiches, bag lunches can be ordered in advance which include sandwich, chips, pickle, drink and, for a bit extra, a big cookie.
Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant – moderately priced, fast service and big meals.
Cracker Barrel – Located off of exit 76 near Wal-Mart. Information about menus, prices, and food can be found at Cracker Barrel’s Web site.
China Buffet – $5.95 lunch buffet all-you-can-eat. We’ll have some maps.
Fast Food Restaurants:
|Other motels (All are a short drive from campus)|
|Comfort Inn and Suites||859-985-5500|
|Country InnEcono Lodge||859-986-9324|
|Fairfield Inn and Suites||859-985-8191|
|Super 8 Motel||859-986-8426|
|The Holiday Motel||859-986-9311|
|Holiday Inn Express||859-985-1901|