81st MOUNTAIN FOLK FESTIVAL
March 30-April 1, 2017, Seabury Center, Berea College, Berea, Kentucky
Be sure to come early for the Street Dance kickoff, Thursday March 30, 6-8 pm!
Friday, March 31 – registration and check in at Seabury, old gym, second floor 8 a.m. (Pre-registrations are necessary for planning and preparing!)
Saturday, April 1 – Dance all day!
Tentative list of dances:
1. Circle Mixer: Mortsel’s Circle
2. English Set: Nonesuch, Rufty Tufty
3. English non set: Indian Queen
4. Big Set: 5 c. set-running Blakesnake Twist
5. Contra: Snake Oil Reel, Broken Sixpence, Greetings (by Tony Baroni?), Delphiniums and Daisies
6. Danish: Hamburg Sekstur, Ladies Pleasure – circle Snurrepiske
7. Square: Texas Star
8. Singing game: Old Brass Wagon
9. English village dance: Cumberland Square Eight
10. Song: May Day Carol
Dining in Berea
They accept cash and credit cards (sorry, no checks). Door prices for guests for individual meals (Prices do not include tax):
- Dinner……………. $10.39
- Special event meal….$10.99
PapaLeno’s – pizza and Italian dishes, moderately priced, usually fairly crowded at lunch.
Berea Coffee and Tea – coffee, soups, bagels, sandwiches, bag lunches can be ordered in advance which include sandwich, chips, pickle, drink and, for a bit extra, a big cookie.
Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant – moderately priced, fast service and big meals.
Cracker Barrel – Located off of exit 76 near Wal-Mart. Information about menus, prices, and food can be found at Cracker Barrel’s Web site.
China Buffet – $5.95 lunch buffet all-you-can-eat. We’ll have some maps.
Fast Food Restaurants:
- Long John Silvers/A&W
- Taco Bell
- Dairy Queen
Fairfield Inn and Suites
America’s Best Value Inn
The Holiday Motel
Holiday Inn Express