About Local Food Initiative
Local Food Initiative Mission and Goals
The mission of the Berea College Local Food Initiative is to promote the participation of Berea College in the development of a sustainable food system.
Our goals are:
- To understand and foster the ecological, economic, social, and spiritual components of a sustainable food network
- To promote understanding by Berea College students, faculty, and staff of the sources of their food, thereby increasing appreciation of fresh, local foods
- To increase the purchase of locally grown foods for all of Berea College’s dining facilities;
- To encourage campus use of College Farm and Garden products
- To provide new marketing opportunities for local growers.