Labor Positions in Office of Academic Services
The Office of Academic Services provides and coordinates student/faculty academic services for the campus. The office coordinates adviser assignments for all students; maintains students’ convocation requirement records; maintains and distributes all student academic files and records; coordinates the short term exchange and the college testing programs and provides information and funds to students concerning graduate schools and related fellowships and assistantships. Also, this office provides official coordination of scheduling and publicity for classes, certifies candidates for graduation, evaluates eligibility of students for academic honors and for participation in intercollegiate athletics, and maintains the Student Information System (BANNER). The office also is responsible for the Undergraduate Research Program, the Orientation Program, Registration and Orientation Weekends (ROW), the domestic Discovery Fund, Scholarship Day events, and coordinates the Independent Study and Independent Major programs.
Student workers participate in the functioning of the office at all levels, from filing and reception work to independent report development and supervising other students workers.
Student Positions (2016 – 6740)
- Advanced Program Assistant, WLS 3-4
- Advanced Social Media/Videographer Assistant, WLS 3-4
- Budget Assistant, WLS 3-4
- Budget Manager
- Disability & Accessibility Services Associate, WLS 3
- Disability & Accessibility Services Associate, WLS 4
- Disability & Accessibility Services Manager, WLS 5
- Office Manager
- Program Assistant, WLS 1-2
- Social Media/Videographer Assistant, WLS 1-2
- Social Media/Videographer, WLS 3-4
- Teaching Assistant