Educational Studies offers a curriculum that prepares a student for certification in elementary and secondary teaching. Labor assignments in the department fall into three areas of focus and activity.
The main office is the hub of clerical support for the department. A part-time secretary and numerous student workers (ranging from office clerks to an administrative assistant) perform a wide variety of tasks, most of which require excellent computer skills.
The Curriculum Library provides educational resources to all students, with an emphasis on the needs of Education majors. Labor assignments consist of student librarians and the curriculum librarian. Computer skills are required, as well as a knowledge of library procedures and strong self-motivation.
Custodial services are general housekeeping for two and a half floors of offices, classrooms, large hallways and restrooms. Usually, two student workers are required.
Student Positions (2125 – 6740)
- Software Developer, WLS 4
- Student Administrative Assistant, WLS 5
- Student Clerk Office Worker, WLS 1
- Student Curriculum Librarian, WLS 4
- Student Curriculum Librarian Associate, WLS 3-4
- Student Janitor, WLS 1
- Student Monitor, WLS 4
- Student Office Associate, WLS 3-4
- Student Teaching Assistant, WLS 5
- Student Teaching Assistant, WLS 4