Student E-mail Questions – Office 365
In May 2013, student e-mail was moved from Exchange Server 2007 to the cloud based Office 365 platform.
- About Office 365
- How to Log in to Student E-mail via your web browser
- Settings for recieving Student E-mail on mobile devices
- How to find the name of your e-mail server for mobile devices
Office 365 gives students anywhere access to e-mail and calendars, Office Web Apps, video and online meetings, and document sharing. It has your favorite Office features online and allows you to better prepare coursework, create sophisticated reports and presentations, and collaborate over the web. See a short promotional video here: http://vstream.berea.edu/app/sites/index.aspx?destinationID=0IT-X20beki4BULSTtGqKg
With Microsoft Office 365:
- No more cleaning out your inbox! You get a web-based email account with a 25GB mailbox.
- Work and communicate from your phone, PC, or Mac, using email, instant messaging, HD video chat, and online meetings.
- Create, edit, and share Microsoft Office documents online with Office Web Apps.
- Collaborate in online meetings; share your desktop, whiteboard items, and record a live video call.
Office 365 is fully interactive with the local email servers, so your professors and support staff will be in the global address list.
There are several ways to access your Berea College student e-mail. All options use your Berea network ID and password. You can use any web browser – Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.
- Directly access your e-mail via the following link: http://www.outlook.com/berea.edu
- Log in to http://my.berea.edu and then select “Student Email” from the top right menu.
- Go to http://mail.berea.edu. Log in with your username and password, and you will be directed to click a link (https://outlook.com/owa/berea.edu) to take you to Office 365 and will need to log in again with your username and password.
Use the following settings to set up your mobile device to receive Berea College Student E-mail:
For most mobile devices and to set up Microsoft Outlook, you will need the following information:
- Server name: Log in to your e-mail account to find your server name (see below)
- Domain: berea.edu
- E-mail address: <yourusername>@berea.edu
- Username: <yourusername>
- Password: <yourpassword>
Follow these steps to find your server name:
- Log in to your student e-mail account from a web browser.
- Once logged in, click on the Options button in the upper right hand corner of the e-mail window and then select See All Options.
- This should take you to the Account tab. On the Account tab, you should see a link that says Settings for POP, IMAP, and SMTP access… Click on this link.
- Clicking on the link should provide you with a pop up box that contains your server name for POP, IMAP, and SMTP settings. Use the server name indicated to configure your student e-mail account for your mobile device.