Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! Below you will find some important information concerning your Berea College issued laptop and network accounts that you need to be aware of prior to graduation.
- Windows 10 Installation Guide for Graduating Seniors (PDF)
- Office 2016 Installation Guide for Graduating Seniors (PDF)
- Alumni Email Guide (PDF)
Upon completion of your degree at Berea College, your Berea issued laptop will become yours. At that time, Berea College is no longer responsible for the maintenance and repair of the laptop. Prior to graduation, you should bring the machine in for any repairs you may need. Here are some important deadlines and dates concerning this process:
- April 18th, 2018 – Battery Replacement Deadline
The deadline to have your battery tested for replacement per your EDGE agreement will be April 18th, 2018. Please note, battery replacements are for battery issues that fall under our guidelines and each battery will be put through the proper diagnostic test to determine if a replacement is needed. Notable issues that determine if your battery needs to be replaced are:
- Less than 1/2 hour running time
- Physically damaged units with exposed cells
- Windows battery warning
Also, batteries are not stocked and are ordered as needed. At the end of the day on April 18th, 2018, we will take the final count of replacements needed and base our last order from that count. There is a definite chance the battery order will not be in before graduation, so if your battery needs to be replaced, please make proper arrangements to retrieve your new battery when the shipment arrives. We will not ship any batteries.
- April 18th, 2018 – Last Day to Submit Repair Requests
Any service for hardware/software issues for your laptop should be submitted prior to April 18th, 2018 since many services may require replacement parts to be ordered or longer diagnostic testing. This will ensure adequate time for us to get the repair completed prior to graduation. In the event that a repair will extend beyond graduation date, the user is responsible to make arrangements to pick up the computer upon completion of the repair. We will not ship laptops to you. Any loaner laptop must also be returned before graduation or charges can occur.
Your Berea College Accounts
Your Berea.edu Email Account
- Prior to Graduation, you will be setup with a Berea Alumni email account. We will send you instructions on how to access the new email address, as well as how to transfer your existing email to the new address. One month after graduation, on June 11th, 2018, your student email account will be removed. Please transfer any emails you wish to keep prior to this date.
Your BereaBox and Microsoft OneDrive Accounts
- On June 11th, 2018, your main Berea College email account will be removed. This will also remove your access to BereaBox and Microsoft OneDrive. Any documents or data stored on these cloud services will become inaccessible. Prior to this date, it is your responsibility to back up and secure any documents or data that you wish to keep.