In May 2013, student email was moved from Exchange Server 2007 to the cloud based Office 365 platform. In January 2015, staff and faculty email was also moved to Office 365.
- About Office 365
- How to Log in to Email via your web browser
- Settings for receiving Student Email on mobile devices
Office 365 gives students, staff and faculty anywhere access to email and calendars, Office Web Apps, video and on-line meetings, and document sharing. It has your favorite Office features on-line and allows you to better prepare coursework, create sophisticated reports and presentations, and collaborate over the web. See a short promotional video below.
With Microsoft Office 365:
- No more cleaning out your inbox! You get a web-based email account with a 50 GB mailbox.
- Work and communicate from your phone, PC, or Mac, using email, instant messaging, HD video chat, and online meetings.
- Create, edit, and share Microsoft Office documents online with Office Web Apps.
- Collaborate in online meetings; share your desktop, whiteboard items, and record a live video call.
Office 365 is fully interactive with the local email servers, so your professors and support staff will be in the global address list.
There are several ways to access your Berea College student email. Both options use your Berea network ID and password. You can use any web browser – Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.
- Directly access your email via the following link: http://www.outlook.com/berea.edu
Use the following settings to set up your mobile device to receive Berea College Student Email:
For most mobile devices and to set up Microsoft Outlook, you will need the following information:
- Server name: outlook.office365.com
- Domain: berea.edu
- Email address: <yourusername>@berea.edu
- Username: <yourusername>
- Password: <yourpassword>