Bereabox is Berea College’s recommended cloud storage solution for file storage, file sharing, and collaboration. Bereabox offers students, faculty, and staff a secure space for storing and accessing files from anywhere with almost any device. By logging in to bereabox, users agree to comply with the BereaBox Policy and the Berea College Computer Data Storage and Security Policy
- Personal Storage: allows up to 500GB of personal storage.
- Organizational Storage: provides unlimited storage for departments and organizations.
- Security: uses server-side encryption to secure and protect your document.
- Sharing and Collaboration: Share documents and folders with box users inside and outside of Berea College.
- Box Notes: Edit and comment on documents in real-time with collaborators. For additional information please see https://www.box.com/notes/
- Cloud-Based: Access your documents from the cloud from anywhere in the world from any device.
- Microsoft Document Editing: Edit documents in the cloud using Microsoft Office Online
Collaborate and Share Content Anywhere
- Students work together, sharing notes and assignments from a desktop, laptop, phone, or tablet
- Professors work on research papers with colleagues at other schools – in a secure space
- All stakeholders receive instant notifications on revisions, comments, and updates
Work Together In Teams
- Quickly and easily create shared workspaces and password-protect shared links
- Upload content, organize it into folders, add comments, assign tasks, manage version history
- Powerful search capabilities let you find projects and fellow students fast
Stop Worrying About Lost Content
- Your content’s online. No more thumb drives or stressing about stolen tablets or laptops
- Box Drive ensures files from your local hard disk are available to you when you want to access them from other computers and devices
- When you leave school, your personal content can go with you (or Non-college related content)
Audit, Monitor, and Control
- Content is protected by industry-leading security and available with a 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Detailed monitoring, search, and reporting lets IT see who’s storing and sharing data
- Single sign-on (SSO), Active Directory, and group management add greater controls
Creating a New Account
- Eligible faculty, staff, and students can go to berea.box.com to set up a new account. Under the prompt “Part of Berea College?” choose Continue and fill out the required information using your Berea email user name and password. If asked to enter your department, you can fill this out or choose to skip at the bottom. Once completed, you will have quick and instant access to the Box.
- Box content will remain available for 90 days after an employee or student account is disabled for offboarding. After 90 days Box content is purged.