Our staff is here to help! Each program within the Office of Internships and Career Development offers different services to students, so the type of help you’ll need will determine what kind of appointment to request.
Want to meet with a staff member?
To make an appointment please login to Handshake with your myBerea username and password, call 859-985-3656, or visit us in Stephenson Hall, Room 308. New appointment slots are added on a regular basis.
If this is your first time doing an internship, you need to make sure you’re up-to-date on new internship processes and guidelines, or if you’ve done an internship before and you’d just like a refresher, we recommend registering for our 3 information sessions (offered throughout the Fall and Spring terms) before making an individual appointment (sessions are recommended for all students but required only if this is your first internship). Common questions are answered in these sessions, and we also share helpful tips, information, and resources to get you started.
- Finding or Creating Your Ideal Internship
- Applying for Internships
- How to Receive Credit & Funding for Your Internship
If you still need an individual appointment after attending the information sessions, we offer the following options:
On Mondays and Wednesdays from 3-5pm, you can drop in Stephenson Hall 308 without an appointment and find out what you need to know!
Appointments in Handshake
- Internship Assistance: This appointment type is for students who have already attended our sessions and need a little extra one-on-one help regarding identifying internship sites, applying for internships, or specific questions regarding their proposals.
- Internship Proposal Submission: This appointment type is only for students who have already received an Offer Confirmation from their internship site (and have turned that in to our office).
- *Note: If you are unable to find a time that fits your schedule in Handshake, please call 859.985.3656.
The Office of Career Development can assist you in:
- Choosing a major
- Exploring potential careers
- Preparing for a job search by developing a focused résumé and cover letter
- Improving your interview skills
- Determining best strategies for attending graduate schools
Career Counseling Appointments
First time appointment
This appointment is for students who have never had an appointment with Career Development staff before regarding your career decision making or job search options. If you are looking to discuss your major, career possibilities, job search, gap year options or graduate search.
Follow up appointment
This appointment is for students who have previously met with career development staff and would like to have a follow-up conversation.
This appointment is to meet with a career development staff member to talk about the funding procedures for graduate and professional school exams.
This appointment is to meet with a career development staff member to talk about the funding procedures for attending a professional conference.
Graduate School Visit Funding
This appointment is to meet with a career development staff member to talk about the funding procedures for visiting a graduate school.