Each program within the Office of Internships and Career Development offers different services to students, so the type of help you’ll need will determine what kind of appointment to request.
Want to meet with a staff member?
To make a virtual appointment, please login to Handshake with your myBerea username and password, or call 859-985-3656 (we are only offering virtual or phone appointments at this time). New appointment slots are added on a regular basis.
If this is your first time doing an internship, or if you want to make sure you’re up-to-date on new internship processes and guidelines, we recommend registering for our 3 information sessions before making an individual appointment (sessions are recommended for all students but required only if this is your first internship). Common questions are answered, and we also share helpful tips, information, and resources to help you throughout your internship search.
- Finding or Creating Your Ideal Internship
- Applying for Internships
- How to Receive Credit & Funding for Your Internship
If you still need an individual appointment after attending the information sessions, we offer the following virtual options:
Appointments in Handshake
Schedule virtual appointments at least 24-hours in advance in Handshake or call 859.985.3656 for same-day appointments (limited availability).
- Internship Assistance: This appointment type is for students who have already attended our sessions and need a little extra one-on-one help regarding identifying internship sites, applying for internships, or specific questions regarding their proposals.
- Internship Experience Approval: This appointment type is only for students who have already received an Offer Confirmation from their internship site (and have turned that in to our office).
The Office of Career Development can assist you in:
- Deciding on Major
- Exploring Career Options
- Resume & Cover Letter Writing
- Interview Coaching
- Targeting Employers & Job Search Strategies
- Gap Year & Global Experiences
- Salary Negotiations
- Graduate School Preparation
- Career Development Funding
Career Counseling Appointments
This appointment is for students who have never had an appointment with Career Development staff before regarding your career decision making or job search options. If you are looking to discuss your major, career possibilities, job search, gap year options or graduate search.
This appointment is for students who have previously met with career development staff and would like to have a follow-up conversation.
This appointment is to meet with a career development staff member to talk about the funding procedures for graduate and professional school exams.
This appointment is to meet with a career development staff member to talk about the funding procedures for attending a professional conference.
Graduate School Visit Funding
This appointment is to meet with a career development staff member to talk about the funding procedures for visiting a graduate school.