College is the time to discover yourself and your skills in a completely new way. Imagine and explore major and career possibilities that fit with your goals and dreams.
Envision your personal & professional growth:
- Meet with Career Development Staff to discuss your career development goals
- Take a career assessment through Career Development to discover your “meaningful themes” – your strengths/skills, interests, values and personality preferences
- Research career possibilities that interest you through helpful career resources, including “What can I do with this major?”
- Identify majors and minors offered at Berea College that overlap with your meaningful themes and career interests
- Participate in the exciting options of extracurricular programs on Berea’s campus, (athletics, student government, residence life, student ministries or missions, community service, clubs, the arts/theater and more). Student organizations and volunteer opportunities are a great way to gain experience, try out something that interests you and build your skills that employers are looking for in well-rounded candidates.
Suggested Action Plan: First Year Action Plan