Course Proposal Forms
Proposing Courses to Meet General Education Requirements
Programs may propose courses to meet Perspective, Practical Reasoning, and Active Learning Experience requirements. For each course being proposed a syllabus or detailed course description and a completed request form for the credit(s) being proposed should be submitted electronically to Sam Cole (email@example.com), staff support to COGE. The request forms ask respondents to indicate how the course will address the faculty-approved learning goals for the requirement.
Requests are promptly reviewed and acted upon by the Committee on General Education (COGE). Program Chairs will receive an email reminder with proposal submission deadlines early each semester. Submission of the proposal by the deadline is necessary in order to include information about the General Education requirements in the printed schedule of classes published prior to registration.
Courses may be proposed to meet one or two general education requirements.
Perspective credit is approved for courses, not for individual students.
The request forms, which should be completed and submitted with a course syllabus, are available below:
- AAAW Perspective Request Form
- Arts Perspective Request Form
- International Perspective Request Form
- Religion Perspective Request Form
- Social Science Perspective Request Form
- Western History Perspective Request Form
Active Learning Experience
- Active Learning Experience Independent Study Request Form
- Class Based ALE Form
- Service-Learning Course Designation (ALE) Proposal Form