Foundations and Corporations
The positive influence of foundation and corporate support can be seen all across the Berea College campus.
The core Berea mission — full-tuition scholarships for low-income students — is sustained in part through annual scholarship grants from organizations of all types and sizes. In addition to providing essential scholarship grants, foundations and corporations strengthen Berea by supporting:
- high-impact learning opportunities for students, including internships, study abroad, service-learning, and research;
- curricular improvements and faculty development;
- endowed funds to maintain the Berea mission in perpetuity;
- construction and renovation of campus buildings; and
- other programs and initiatives that enhance the education of promising Berea students from Appalachia and beyond
The staff of the Foundations and Corporations Office will work to match your organization’s philanthropic interests with Berea College needs. We welcome visits to our campus and are eager to visit foundations and corporations in their home offices as well. Please contact Scott Tracy for more information.
Jenny Akins, Foundations Development Writer , can help. Call her at 800-457-9846, ext. 3004.