Welcome to Berea College!
We are so excited to have you as a member of our community, and we are committed to helping you make a smooth transition to Berea throughout your first year on campus. College can be one of the most wonderful, challenging, stimulating, and rewarding experiences of your life, and at Berea you will find yourself pushed to grow in ways that you may have never imagined. We want you to feel welcomed and valued in your new community, and will work to provide you with exciting new opportunities to reach your goals.
The information in this website is designed to help answer questions you might have, provide information on the many resources available to you, and connect you with the institution in ways that will help with your transition. If you ever have questions or need additional information, please don’t hesitate to contact us! You were admitted to Berea College because we have confidence that you can succeed here, and we are excited to have the opportunity to help you achieve that success.
Regards – Chris Lakes
If you have already been admitted to the College, please review the information on Next Steps for enrollment (PDF).
Orientation Events for Incoming Students
We have prepared a series of events specifically designed to help you prepare for your transition to Berea College. Please click on the links below to learn more about these programs:
- Online Orientation (May 2019)
- Summer Connections (June 20 and 22, 2019)
- Move-in Day Information (August 17, 2019)
- Fall Orientation Week (August 17-20, 2019)
- Summer “Livestream” Information (May – August)
Additional Resources for Supporting Your Transition
- Berea Bridge
- Emerging Scholars Program
- GST 101: Strategies for Academic Success
- Disability and Accessibility Services
Important Forms and Information
- Berea College ID Photo Submission Guidelines
- Health Forms
- I-9 Forms (Labor Program)
- Student Health Insurance Information
- Textbook Ordering