We are excited about your interest in becoming a member of the 2020 O-TEAM! The Office of First-Year Initiatives is seeking dedicated and enthusiastic candidates who exemplify all that is Berea Beloved. New students entering Berea College are faced with numerous questions relating to registration, housing arrangements, financial concerns, personal identity, and academic survival. The O-TEAM member plays a vital role in helping answer these questions. There are several stages to the selection process.
The application must be submitted online through BConnect, along with your responses to the short response questions and a resume. Applications are due by 11:59 P.M. on Wednesday, October 23rd.
One your application is complete; you will be prompted to sign up for a Group Interview online using the link provided in BConnect. It is highly recommended that you sign up for a spot as soon as possible (by October 18th at the latest) to secure your preferred date and time). Group Interviews will take place the week of October 28th through November 1st. Spots are first come, first serve. If selected, we will email a confirmation regarding your official Group Interview day and time by October 25th once we have verified that you have met the minimum application requirements.
The 2020 O-TEAM will be announced November 15th, 2019. The following qualifications must be met in order to be eligible for application:
- A 2.00 cumulative grade point average at the time of your interview and throughout the year.
- Completed 1 semester at Berea College as a full-time student by the time of your interview.
- Be in good standing with the College.
- No student may hold the position while on disciplinary warning, probations, and/or suspension.
- Each O-TEAM member is required to attend all training as outlined in the application description. If you have any additional questions, please contact us in the Office of First-Year Initiatives at (859) 985- 3513 or firstname.lastname@example.org