ESP’s mission is to provide a support system that assists students in achieving academic, personal, financial, social, and career planning goals.
The Berea College Emerging Scholars Program is your “go-to” place for resources, referrals, information across the Berea community, and individualized service.
ESP assists students by:
- Providing academic, career & personal guidance
- Assisting in setting and attaining ambitious academic goals
- Exploring & identifying career interests and setting career goals
- Assisting in pre- and post-advising
- Supporting adjustments to campus life
- Developing studying & test taking skills and strategies
- Arranging tutoring & study groups
- Understanding financial literacy
- Clarifying college policies and procedures
Each ESP student will work one-on-one with an academic counselor to develop a Success Plan designed specifically to address the student’s individual needs and support their holistic success.
A Chance to Get an Early Start
Incoming Emerging Scholars will have the chance to participate in our ESP Kickoff. This event takes place a few days before Berea College’s Orientation, giving ESP students the chance to move-in early, explore campus, and get to know other Emerging Scholars before other students arrive.
Grow as a Student, Scholar, and Person
From cultural trips to self-care events, the Emerging Scholars Program offers plenty of opportunities to help navigate college and beyond. ESP offers workshops and experiences that help students learn about academics, themselves, and the world around them.
Celebrate Your Success
The Emerging Scholars team is here to support you through your time at Berea College. From individual meetings to special events and activities, we take the time to celebrate your accomplishments.