The mission of the Berea College Department of Risk Management and Environmental Health and Safety is to protect people, the environment and property, in support of Berea College’s mission and reputation. This is accomplished by:
· Understanding the needs and priorities of the College community
· Providing quality services in a professional and responsive manner
· Developing policies, procedures, and response plans to address safety and environmental compliance, and emergency response
· Provide education through training and consultation
· Identify opportunities to continuously improve campus safety and environmental protection
Environmental Health and Safety provides occupational and environmental health and safety services to all faculty, students and staff, including maintaining compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations related to occupational health and safety, environmental conservation and protection, and laboratory safety. Environmental Health and Safety also provides information and training programs, and environmental health and safety consulting and auditing services.