- B.A., Texas Christian University, 1990
- M.A., Texas A & M University, 1992
- M.S., Texas A & M University, 1993
- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1997
- Agricultural and Environmental Economics, Organizational Economics, Economic Education
Dr. Steele’s educational background is in philosophy and environmental economics. After obtaining a B.A. and M.A. in philosophy and environmental ethics Dr Steele received an M.S. in agricultural economics from Texas A&M and a Ph.D. in agricultural and applied economics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Dr. Steele began his teaching career in the Department of Economics at the National University Ireland, Galway where he taught from 1997 to 2001.
Dr. Steele’s research interests are varied with a primary focus on environmental and resource economics. Dr. Steele has been recently pursing work on the application of organizational economics in the field agri-environmental economics. In the past Dr. Steele has pursued work in feminist economics, economic education, and has investigated gender-based differences in environmental attitudes and behavior. For additional information see Dr. Steele’s Personal Home Page (above).