Here, you will find links to pages of on-campus departments and centers that house and offer Diversity & Inclusion resources Berea faculty, staff and students. A longer, more detailed list of clubs, organizations, departments, and centers on-campus is also listed below. Please feel free to suggest additions to this page:
Resources from Berea Faculty and Staff:
- African & African American Studies Department
- African Student Association (ASA)
- Arab Student Association
- Appalachian Studies Department
- Asian Student Union (ASU)
- Asian Studies Department
- Black Cultural Center (BCC)
- Black Student Union (BSU)
- Campus Crusade for Christ (CRU)
- Catholic Newman Club
- Carter G. Woodson Center for Interracial Education: The Carter G. Woodson Center for Interracial Education integrates the College’s Black Cultural Center and the African and African American Studies program by supporting collaborations related to interracial education, equality and justice and shared commitments to cultural understanding.
- Cosmopolitan Club
- Center for Excellence in Learning through Service (CELTS): The Center for Excellence in Learning through Service is the home of student service and community engagement. Students serve through volunteer programs, help facilitate academic service-learning courses and work in local non-profit organizations and schools. CELTS also houses the Bonner Scholars Program and provides faculty development in service-learning.
- Episcopal Canterbury Fellowship
- Equal Minds
- Fighting for Equal Education (FEE)
- InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
- Latin American Student Association (LASA)
- Loyal Jones Appalachian Center (LJAC): The Loyal Jones Appalachian Center (LJAC) fosters the College’s Great Commitment to Appalachia. To accomplish this mission, LJAC strives to: 1) develop service-oriented leaders for Appalachia by sponsoring and integrating educational programs on and off campus; 2) explore and illuminate the richness of the Appalachian region, people and cultures; and 3) assist communities, organizations and citizens to work toward the future they envision.
- Muslim Students Association
- Non-Traditional Students Association
- Pagan Coalition
- Peace and Social Justice Department
- Pride, Unity, Love and Social Equality (PULSE)
- The Francis and Louise Hutchins Center for International Education (CIE) seeks to foster understanding of and appreciation for “all peoples of the earth” by offering education abroad opportunities, international student and scholar services, faculty and curriculum development and campus programming each year emphasizing a particular world region.
- The Harvey Milk Society
- Willis D. Weatherford, Jr. Campus Christian Center (CCC): The Willis D. Weatherford, Jr. Campus Christian Center offers opportunities for worship, weekly prayer, interfaith dialogue and intellectual and spiritual engagement with the Christian faith through convocations, lectures, workshops and occasional spiritual retreats.
- Women’s & Genders Studies Department